Monday, February 06, 2012

Not Back To School Blog Hop - Meet the student

Okay, well,  the Keeper of the ning (and we all know who she is! ) has dragged, or at least prodded me, kicking and screaming into blogland.  I love the idea of a blog, I love reading the blogs of people I know, but I am also quite reticent about having my own.


Anyway, I'm not sure how many years we've been home schooling, I'm going to say that this is our second year.  DD (aka Blue belle), is officially doing year 1 this year, but it's not as simple as that ... of course!!   


STUDENT PROFILE  (she's our victrix!)
Favourite colours:  
lots of favourites, but yellow and red and blue and pink and orange
Favourite books:  
Horse,  Charlotte's Web, Little Bear's little boat
Favourite things to do: 
riding bikes, climbing, swinging and running
Favourite 'work': 
drawing and reading, learning anything, music
Favourite music: 
vioin, trumpet, piano, flute, accordion
Favourite animal:
horse and tiger
Favourite plants:
roses and sunflowers
Favourite fun:
swimming and building castles at the beach



We aim to cultivate the natural love of learning by preparing an environment that provides width and depth for exploration, and offers exposure to opportunities and real-life experiences, while keeping  in mind the balance of character, knowledge and skill.  






3 comments:

Dove's Rest said...

Hi there,
So glad you joined us in blog world again! I've just found you because of NBTS blog hop and Love your philosophy of education. I am at the point myself of not really sure whether I am interested in keeping our blog going but all my family and friends like to check it out now and then and sometimes it's my forum for learning and seeing where we have come from to now. Warmest wishes, Renelle

Chareen said...

Hello

Welcome back to blog land. Keep it coming. It's soo good to know other Aussie homeschoolers.

I'm looking forward to next week's topic.

Blessings

PS Renelle
Don't go away. ♥ your blog.

Erin said...

Welcome to blogland, always excited to find more Aussie hs bloggers. Wonderful to have a student open to learning anything.